E3G is amongst the world’s leading independent climate and energy thinks tanks. Our aim is to accelerate the global transition to a low carbon economy. We are experts in diplomacy, policy and the politics of climate and energy and have offices in London, Brussels, Berlin and Washington where we employ around 60 staff and deploy a network of 15 associates. Remuneration will be £20-25k depending on experience.
We are looking for an Accounts and Admin Clerk to join us for 12 months to cover maternity leave in our London-based team. Office hours are Monday - Friday 09.00 - 17.00.
Key Working Relationships
- Reports to the Group Finance Manager.
- Works closely with Grants Manager.
- Our Country Managers and programme teams.
Scope of the Role
This role is a mixture of admin and accounts - specialising in Quickbooks within the finance team, which supports the Group activities in UK, Belgium, Germany and the US.
- Processing purchase invoices
- Matching, batching and coding invoices
- Reconciling supplier statements
- Bank and cash reconciliations (multi office and multi-currency)
- Liaising with suppliers re discrepancy's and resolving issues
- Monitoring staff timesheet and absence recording
- Processing month-end/year-end accruals, prepayments, payroll journals, timesheets, staff expenses, Cash Advances etc
- Liaising with Grants Manager and other managers to ensure correct coding of above transactions
Skills and Experience
- Previous experience within a Purchase Ledger / Accounts role is essential
- Experience with Quickbooks is highly advantageous as well as timesheet and absence recording systems
- Good excel skills up to basic formulas (SumIf, Vlookup etc)
- Fluency in English with French or German skills advantageous
Strong communication skills and a team player attitude is required
- AAT qualifications advantageous
- Good teamworking and communication skills essential
To apply, please email [email protected]:
- A copy of your up to date CV (max 3 pages)
- A cover letter (max 2 pages) setting out your motivation and suitability for this role.
- The names and contact details of two referees, one of which should be a line manager relevant to your current or most recent role. [These will only be contacted with your prior approval and only for candidates passing the final selection process.]
The deadline for applications is Friday, February 28 at 5:00 PM UK.