E3G is amongst the world’s leading independent climate and energy thinks tanks. Our aim is to accelerate the global transition to a low carbon economy.
We are experts in diplomacy, policy and the politics of climate and energy and have offices in London, Brussels, Berlin and Washington. Our funders represent this geographic footprint and are drawn from public interest foundations and governments. We are growing and want to further professionalise our grants management systems and processes. We are looking for an ambitious individual with at least five years of relevant experience to join our London-based team. This will be an initial 2-year fixed term appointment. Salary will be circa £40,000.
To ensure E3G manages its current and future grant portfolio to the highest of standards, with timely precision. The Grant Manager will ensure coordination across E3G teams to ensure the successful and effective management of our portfolio of grants and contracts. Internally, they will be the key point of contact for the contractual relationships with our funders. Working with the senior management team, they will be responsible for managing the external relationships with the relevant framework donors.
Key Working Relationships
- Reports to the Chief Operating Officer.
- Works intimately with Group Finance Manager (and their team) and our Associate Directors and Programme Managers.
- Contract leads within our portfolio of funders.
Scope of Work
- The Grants Manager will be responsible for overseeing, coordinating and managing our portfolio of funder grants and contracts.
- You will be responsible for managing the relationship with our funders, sharing updates, documenting challenges and progress, and delivering regular reporting and management information.
- You will be responsible for keeping track of and reporting on progress against contractual milestones.
- Act as grant reporting and planning champion in E3G working to ensure our teams have the skills to deliver excellent project management.
- You will be expected to work with E3G teams to contribute to the drafting of reports and funding applications.
- Ensuring high quality, compliant and timely delivery of contractual requirements; including reports, audits, evaluations and funding applications.
- Providing effective, relevant and timely advice on systems and processes for managing, delivering and reporting on framework agreements.
- Monitoring performance and framework expenditure through regular interaction with our teams.
- Advising E3G teams on funder compliance rules and regulations to develop our internal policies and best practice.
- Ensuring E3G policies, processes and procedures and relevant materials are in line with funder requirements to support the development of high-quality proposals and reports on time.
- Excellent numeracy skills; probably backed by advanced Excel skills and the ability to collate and present performance data strategically.
- Fluency in English; with the ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written formats. Be able to communicate with senior actors within funder organisations with authority and confidence.
- The ability to influence and persuade, to ensure E3G teams anticipate deadlines and deliver on time.
- E3G is a growing agile organisation. You’ll need to be a team player and be prepared to approach your working with a flexible ‘can do’ attitude.
- Some travel in Europe may be required from time to time.
- The ability to communicate in French or German would be an advantage.
- You must demonstrate that you have the right to work in the UK.
To apply, please email [email protected]:
- A copy of your up to date CV (max 3 pages).
- A cover letter (max 2 pages) setting out your motivation and suitability for this role.
- The names and contact details of two referees, one of which should be a line manager relevant to your current or most recent role. [These will only be contacted with your prior approval and only for candidates passing the final selection process.]
The deadline for applications is Friday, February 28 at 5:00 PM UK.