Paris, Saturday 12th December
Responding to the announcement of an ambitious global agreement on tackling climate change in Paris, Nick Mabey, Chief Executive of the climate diplomacy think tank E3G said:
"Paris means Governments will go further and faster to tackle climate change than ever before. The transition to a low carbon economy is now unstoppable, ensuring the end of the fossil fuel age."
The Paris Agreement announce the following:
- A legally binding framework for all countries to cut carbon emissions
- To reach greenhouse gas emission neutrality in the second half of the century
- To keep global temperature increase well below 2C and to pursue efforts to limit it to 1.5C
- To review progress every 5 years and raise ambition towards meeting the long term temperature goal
- $100 billion a year in climate finance for developing countries by 2020 and a commitment to further finance in the future
- Support to help vulnerable countries deal with climate damages.
Spokesperson: Nick Mabey, CEO, +44 (0) 7949 768 771, firstname.lastname@example.org
Press contact: Suzy Greenwood, +44 (0) 7528 527272, email@example.com
E3G are the independent experts on climate diplomacy and energy policy. We are a think tank working to accelerate the transition to a low-carbon economy.