E3G’s Kate Levick spoke on SPARK’s panel of sustainable finance experts, discussing how new financing models can help deliver a just clean energy transition.
A low-carbon energy system will be impossible to achieve without sufficient investment. With the right incentives, investors can divest from fossil fuel investments and advance the uptake of clean technologies and new business models. Yet environmentally motivated, sustainable finance investments in clean energy remain a challenge. How to balance ethics with the need to deliver a return on investment, and with 15% of the London Stock Exchange invested in traditional energy, how long will it be before the balance tips in favour of clean energy alternatives?
- Kate Levick, Associate Director, Sustainable Finance, E3G
- Nicolas Brahy, Co-Founder, General Counsel, Five T Hydrogen
- Alice Chapple, Director, Impact Value
- Mark Henderson, Chief Investment Officer, Gridserve
- Thomas Andre, Operations Director, Renewable Energy Policy Network for The 21St Century