Youth climate justice activists Greta Thunberg and Eric Njuguna were joined by Claire Fyson from Climate Analytics, and negotiators from Colombia and the Marshall Islands for a press conference hosted by E3G and 350.org on the urgency to put fossil fuel phase-out on the table at the COP28 climate summit later this year in Dubai.
This press event explored the urgent need for an equitable phase-out of coal, oil and gas while immediately and massively scaling up renewables and energy efficiency in a just and equitable manner, as is needed to limit global temperatures to 1.5°C.
Watch the recording
- Claire Fyson, Co-Head of the Climate Policy Team, Climate Analytics
- Eric Njuguna, Climate Justice Organizer, Kenya
- Greta Thunberg, Climate Justice Activist, Sweden
- Sebastián Carranza, Head of Delegation, Colombia
- Tina Stege, Climate Envoy for the Republic of the Marshall Islands (RMI)
Moderator: Alden Meyer, Senior Associate at E3G – Third Generation Environmentalism
When: Tuesday 13 June, 1:00 pm — 2:00 pm CEST