E3G convened over 50 policymakers and practitioners to explore concrete the next steps for enhancing the interoperability of taxonomies globally, building on the EU-China Common Ground Taxonomy (CGT), developed through the International Platform on Sustainable Finance (IPSF), and the UNDESA-IPSF taxonomy principles that fed into the G20 Sustainable Finance Working Group. The panel consisted of:
- Kate Levick, Associate Director, Sustainable Finance, E3G (moderator)
- Ma Jun, Chair, Green Finance Committee, China and Co-Chair IPSF Taxonomy Working Group
- Paulina Dejmek Hack, Director for General Affairs at DG FISMA, European Commission
- Bridget Boulle, Head of Taxonomies, Climate Bonds Initiative
- Stephen Nolan, Managing Director UN Financial Centres for Sustainability (FC4S)
The convening took place under the Chatham House rule and so the messages and outcomes below are non-attributed.
Please see CGT presentation slides here, courtesy Ma Jun, Chair, Green Finance Committee, China and Co-Chair IPSF Taxonomy Working Group.