E3G’s Fossil Fuel Transition team is excited to be recruiting for several new roles. Our central aim is to secure a timely global transition from dirty coal to clean energy. We help diplomatic actors engage with their government peers. And we work closely with civil society partners to amplify their data, analyses, and insights.
During 2021 we will be focusing on:
- Responding to the opportunity provided by government commitments to mid-century net zero goals, through identifying options for near term transformational shifts from coal power generation to renewable energy.
- Supporting the UK government in its efforts to accelerate the coal-to-clean transition through the COP26 Energy Transition Campaign and the Powering Past Coal Alliance.
- Providing incisive analysis, advice, and thought leadership, including through creating new open access online resources.
The new roles being added to the E3G team will strengthen our reach and depth. We are looking for experienced individuals who will lead our outreach and cooperation with stakeholders in China and India in support of their energy transition efforts. Closer to home, we are seeking two roles to work closely with the UK Presidency team in support of the COP26 Energy Transition Council. A new Researcher role will support the whole team, with a particular focus on data analysis and visualisation.
Working with colleagues in other E3G teams, we are also recruiting for a Senior Policy Advisor who can support our efforts to address political economy barriers to action on the coal-to-clean transition.
Together with our partners at the Pembina Institute, E3G hosts a dedicated secretariat team on behalf of the Powering Past Coal Alliance. The PPCA is currently recruiting for a new Programme Manager, with potential for further role(s) to follow in the new year. Please note that this role requires applications to be submitted to the PPCA secretariat directly, not via E3G.
We still have some flexibility in how we ultimately define responsibilities for each of the new roles noted above. Our focus for now is on finding the best combination of new colleagues and identifying how to play to their strengths. If you feel that you don’t quite fit the description of a specific role but believe that you can bring something special to the E3G Fossil Fuel Transition Team, please do submit an application and introduce yourself to us in your cover letter.
E3G values diversity and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of age, gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or ethnic background. We are happy to discuss flexible working arrangements if this enables you to apply.
You are welcome to apply to more than one role. If you do so, please specify this in your application and email subject line and ensure your cover letter addresses the requirements and motivation for all roles. Please email your application in English to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line ‘job title, first name, last name’.
- A CV of maximum two pages;
- A cover letter of maximum one page outlining your motivation for the job. Please combine the CV and cover letter into one file.
- An indication of when you would be able to start in the cover letter;
- And please let us know where you saw the roles advertised.