E3G and The Rockefeller Foundation launched the Action Plan for Global Vaccination and Sustainable Growth on Tuesday 6 April 2021.
Watch the event
The Action Plan for Global Vaccination and Sustainable Growth, outlines a set of practical steps that global leaders can take in the coming months to end the pandemic everywhere and assure a more inclusive, sustainable recovery for all.
Nothing reminds us of our global interdependence better than a pandemic. We have the means and the mechanisms at our disposal to end the COVID-19 crisis and ensure a broad, equitable and climate-friendly global recovery.
Implemented through coordination and commitment across the G7 and the G20, recommendations identified in this new action plan will advance more efficient multilateral, public, and private sector engagement to increase investment in, and access to, COVID-19 vaccines for low- and middle-income countries, while catalysing a more robust and equitable economic recovery.
Guest speakers included :
- Wally Adeyemo, Deputy Secretary of the US Treasury
- Raj Shah, President of The Rockefeller Foundation
- Vera Songwe, Executive Secretary of the UN Economic Commission for Africa
- Caroline Atkinson, Senior Adviser at RockCreek
- Gordon Brown, UN Special Envoy for Global Education
- Nicholas Stern, IG Patel Professor of Economics and Government at the London School of Economics