The European Commission’s REPowerEU strategy set the path to end Europe’s problematic dependency on fossil fuels, and in particular Russian fossil gas. The solution identified: to accelerate the continent-wide deployment of renewable and low-carbon technologies. Rather, the EU Taxonomy CDA makes these very solutions compete for sustainable funding with fossil gas. Join us for a discussion on how the CDA, if it remains unchanged, risks hindering the aims of the REPowerEU, locking in Europe’s fossil assets by green-lighting more investments into new fossil gas projects. This event will also delve into the CEE perspectives, and how the EU Taxonomy CDA will influence the CEE region in particular.
Agenda – EU taxonomy event
- Welcome by moderator – Esther Bollendorff, EU Gas Policy Coordinator, CAN Europe.
- Introduction of main conclusion event series – Lina Strandvåg Nagell, Senior Manager Projects & EU Policy, Bellona Europa.
- Remarks from MEP Christophe Hansen, Group of the European People’s Party.
- Aligning the EU’s green taxonomy with the new geopolitical reality – Tsvetelina Kuzmanova, Policy Advisor, E3G.
- CEE perspective – Mihnea Cătuți, Head of Research, Energy Policy Group.