BEUC and E3G are co-organising the workshop “Putting consumers at the heart of the gas package” hosted by Claudia Gamon, member of the European Parliament, taking place on Wednesday, 29th September at 2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CET.
The objective of the workshop is to discuss how gas markets need to be designed to allow consumers to switch to renewable heating solutions.
Livestream of Putting consumers at the heart of the gas package workshop
Join us to discuss
- How to ensure that gas market promote consumer choices in an increasingly integrated and decarbonizing energy system?
- How can markets and regulations remove biases that favour fossil gas consumption, ensuring fair competition between zero emission products?
- What governance structures are required to ensure network infrastructure investment providing consumer access to the best zero emission products while avoiding creating stranded assets?
- How should the costs and benefits of the transition be distributed?
- Claudia Gamon, Member of the European Parliament, Renew Europe
- Tadhg O’Briain, Deputy Heat of Unit of DG ENER B.1 – Consumers, Local Initiatives, Just Transition
- Monique Goyens, Director-General at BEUC
- Eva Hennig, Head of Department for EU Energy Policy, Thüga
The discussion will be moderated by Theresa Griffin, Senior Associate at E3G.