E3G is amongst the world’s leading independent climate and energy thinks tanks. Our aim is to accelerate the global transition to a low carbon economy. We are experts in diplomacy, policy and the politics of climate and energy and have offices in London, Brussels, Berlin and Washington where we employ around 60 staff and deploy a network of 15 associates.
We want to further professionalise our Human Resources systems and processes. We are looking for an experienced HR professional looking to bring their skills to E3G on a part time basis (3 days a week). You will probably have worked in larger organisations with an established management profile. But you will not have lost your ‘hands on’ approach and want to bring ‘big organisation’ standards with agility to growing not for profit on the front line of climate action.
You will have at least five years of relevant experience and a relevant CIPD (or equivalent) qualification. We anticipate the candidate joining our London-based team, though would be open to being located in Brussels or Berlin. This will be an initial 2-year fixed term appointment. Salary will be circa £24,000 (for 3-days a week) or an equivalent day-rate.
You will take ownership of all HR matters across the organisation. You will be a strategic partner to the business, providing a full spectrum of both strategic and tactical HR support and programs to employees and managers.
The role will involve your influence to shape the culture of the organisation and develop E3G as a highly efficient and engaged workplace.
Key Working Relationships
- Reports to the Chief Operating Officer.
- Works intimately with E3G C-team and our Country Managers.
- Employee-led teams working on people-focussed projects.
Scope of the Role
- Establishing multi-jurisdiction HR systems and procedures to best-practice
- Experience of training and coaching managers on policy, procedures, talent management and all aspects of the HR life-cycle
- Supporting recruitment at all levels, including organising interviews and giving feedback
- Co-ordinating onboarding process, including completing background checks
- Maintaining employee records
- Benefits policy, process and administration
- Supervising inductions for new starters
- Payroll and Data management
- Developing SharePoint resources for staff
- Organisational planning; proactive recruitment planning and skills development;
- Performance management and improvement systems;
- Employment and compliance with regulatory concerns regarding employees;
- Employee onboarding, development, needs assessment, and training;
- Policy development and documentation;
- Supporting C-team on maintaining excellent employee relations;
- Compensation and benefits administration;
- Employee safety, welfare, wellness, and health;
- Employee services and wellbeing.
- To perform well in this role, you should have experience of providing HR strategy, an excellent knowledge around employee relations and a current understanding of employment law (in UK and the European Union).
- You will probably be CIPD qualified at level 5 or more.
- You will be a "hands on" operator who enjoys the combination of a strategic and tactical position.
- You will be able to execute a plan, meet deadlines and make a positive impact.
- You will have the ability to multi-task and problem solve with strong influencing skills.
- Fluency in English; with the ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written formats.
- Some travel in Europe may be required from time to time.
- Have excellent MS Office skills and experience with HR systems.
- The ability to communicate in French or German would be an advantage.
- You must demonstrate that you have the right to work in the UK.
To apply, please email [email protected]:
- A copy of your up to date CV (max 3 pages).
- A cover letter (max 2 pages) setting out your motivation and suitability for this role.
- The names and contact details of two referees, one of which should be a line manager relevant to your current or most recent role. [These will only be contacted with your prior approval and only for candidates passing the final selection process.]
The deadline for applications is Friday, February 28 at 5:00 PM UK.