E3G is a leading independent climate and energy think tank based in Bankside, close to the Tate Modern gallery. We run a busy office from our London base and have other offices in Brussels, Berlin and Washington DC. We would like to recruit an Office Administrator to take control of a range of day-to-day activities which will help our London office to run smoothly and efficiently.
We are looking for a person with energy and commitment who will thrive in a busy and fast–moving office environment.
As no two days will be the same we need someone to be proactive with a mature and can-do attitude with lots of common sense and discretion.
You will be confident in your ability to multi-task and prioritise your own work. You must have excellent verbal and written English language skills, and be a team player.
The Office Administrator’s task list will include;
- Answer incoming telephone calls in a polite and courteous manner, redirecting and filtering calls where necessary. Taking messages and passing on press enquiries asap.
- Day to day running of the office. Point of contact for all suppliers and services to the office, regularly reviewing performance and achieving the best value for money. Constantly thinking of improvements and new ways of doing things.
- Managing HR databases and spreadsheets and ensuring paperwork is filed correctly.
- Ensure meeting rooms are clean and ready for meetings, and any AV equipment setup. Receive external visitors and ensure meetings start and finish on time and are properly provisioned (including sandwich lunches if required). This also involves managing the meeting room calendar on Outlook ensuring no clashes.
- Assist with company events and ad-hoc projects.
- First point of contact for any office/building maintenance issues ensuring they are resolved quickly and efficiently with minimal disruption.
- Managing office petty cash float and keeping a log of all office expenditure.
- Managing the office space as the business grows, ensuring space is being used efficiently.
- Oversee day-to-day usage of company laptops and mobile phones, ensuring efficient and cost effective use.
- Human Resources administration. To include recruitment and induction administration and booking training courses. Covering the new staff induction process and updating staff handbook.
- Ad-hoc Communications administration, such as updating the website and social media.
- Covering Operations staff duties whilst they are on leave.
This is a permanent full time role, with working hours of 8.30-4.30 Monday to Friday.
We offer a salary of up to £25,000 with pension. 25 days holiday + bank holidays.
Opportunities for further training and studying for the right candidate.
Please send a cover letter explaining why you are a great fit for this role and your latest CV to email@example.com
We would like to recruit asap, so please don’t delay in applying.