E3G is looking for a Financial Controller for its London office.
The role is full time with flexible hours around core office hours of 10am to 4pm.
Founded in 2004 by senior members of the UK government, E3G is an independent climate change think tank accelerating the transition to a climate safe world. E3G’s current main focus is on climate change and involves work on a range of resource scarcity, security and international finance issues.
E3G tackles the political barriers to change by building cross-sectoral coalitions to achieve carefully defined outcomes, chosen for their capacity to leverage change towards a sustainable economy and climate resilient societies.
E3G currently has offices in London, Brussels, Berlin and Washington DC. The London office is based in Southwark, close to local shops and the Tate Modern, and within easy reach of Southwark, London Bridge and Borough stations. Some European travel will be required.
About the role
Immediately available position for a hands-on Financial Controller, responsible for one staff member. This role is responsible for the production of monthly management accounting and assisting with statutory and other company reporting. They will be responsible for managing our day to day accounting tasks and reconciliations for three companies with the assistance of the assistant accountant. The role will provide support to project managers and work closely with the Chief Financial Officer.
Main duties will include:
- Production of monthly management accounts including KPI’s and commentary.
- Monthly reporting to Program manager and assisting CFO with other reporting.
- Management of one member of staff.
- Ensure all company accounting is carried out correctly in a timely manner.
- Monthly control account reconciliations.
- Assisting with annual and grant budget production.
- Assisting with statutory accounts production and liaising with auditors.
- Implementing transfer pricing across group companies.
- Quarterly vat returns.
- Automation of company bank entries.
- Ad hoc spreadsheet preparation and analysis.
- Qualified accountant with a minimum of three years post qualification experience.
- Strong QuickBooks and Excel skills are essential with the ability to work competently with minimum supervision.
- Not for profit experience is desirable but not essential.
- Solid organisational skills and good attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently and take control of tasks
E3G offers a salary of up to £45,000 dependent on experience.