The Embassy of Canada and E3G are pleased to invite you to a panel discussion on Climate Leadership: Europe and Canada in Cooperation at the Embassy of Canada, Leipziger Platz 17, 10117 Berlin on Wednesday, 13 June, 10:00 to 12:00 followed by a buffet lunch.
To meet the Paris Agreement’s ambitious goals to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, the global economy will have to decarbonise significantly over the next 30 years.
What do we expect from the upcoming Petersberg Climate Dialogue in Berlin and the Ministerial on Climate Action (MoCA) in Brussels led by Canada, the EU and China?
At COP23 Canada and the UK announced their “Powering Past Coal Alliance” to encourage governments and the private sector to move away from the use of coal. What are the challenges that each country faces to decarbonise its national economy?
What will the global community need to do to advance the Paris process at COP24 in December in Poland?
These and other questions will be discussed by our eminent panel.
- Amb. Stéphane Dion, Canada’s Ambassador to Germany, former Minister of the Environment and of Foreign Affairs and President of COP11
- Mr. Nick Bridge, UK Special Representative for Climate Change
- Dr. Karsten Sach, Germany’s Chief climate change negotiator and Director General for Climate Policy and for European and International Policy at the German Federal Ministry of Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety
- Mr. Sascha Müller-Kraenner, CEO of Environmental Action Germany “Deutsche Umwelthilfe“
- Moderator: Dr. Sabrina Schulz, Head of E3G Berlin
The event will be held in English.
Please register here by 8 June.
Registration opens 09:30. Please allow sufficient time for security check and present a valid photo ID.
For any question about the event email: email@example.com