Office & Events Coordinator
E3G Inc. seeks an energetic self-starter to support its work to spur the transition to a climate-safe world. This position will be based in Washington DC, directly supporting DC-based staff, but working alongside a strong transatlantic team. It provides an excellent opportunity for someone who will thrive in a busy and fast–moving office environment to contribute first-hand to cutting edge climate policy conversations in and among international capitals.
E3G Inc. is an independent climate change think tank with a global outlook and a fast-growing office in Washington DC. We work on the frontier of the climate landscape to make the necessary possible, tackling the barriers and advancing the solutions to a safe climate. Our goal is to translate climate politics, economics and policies into action. We are world leading strategists on the political economy of climate change, consistently ranked as one of the top-ten most influential environmental think tanks in the world by the University of Pennsylvania.
Role & Responsibilities
- Coordinating day-to-day operations: Take control of a range of office activities and support the DC Head of Office on administrative matters, establishing processes, managing calendars, finding efficiencies, and optimizing approaches wherever possible – and trouble shoot when necessary.
- Arranging logistics: Manage all aspects of the arrangements needed for smooth execution in-person and/or virtual convenings of all sizes, securing space, handling invitations, registrations, digital/AV/tech requirements, catering when relevant, and all other necessary support.
- Liaise with E3G HQ: Streamline office-level and organization-level functions as the DC-based team grows, in coordination with counterparts in other E3G offices. Support HR functions such as recruitment and onboarding new DC-based staff. Support communications functions such as updating website and social media. Cover operations staff duties during colleagues’ leave.
- Physical space. Serve as first point of contact for any office/building maintenance issues ensuring they are resolved quickly and efficiently with minimal disruption. Manage the office space as the organization grows.
- Finances. Manage office petty cash float and keep a log of office expenditure.
- Oversee day-to-day usage of company laptops and mobile phones, ensuring cost effective use.
No two days will be the same. You are proactive with a mature and can-do attitude with lots of common sense and discretion. We love problem solvers and trouble-shooters and need someone who takes initiative. You are confident in your ability to multi-task and prioritize your own work and comfortable working across time zones and with other cultures. You are committed to producing high quality outputs and seeing tasks through to the end, even when hurdles present themselves. You are constantly thinking of improvements and new ways of doing things. You enjoy being part of a diverse and mission-driven team that is always working with partners and through networks to deliver real world outcomes.
- At least three years of relevant professional experience.
- Administrative, project management, event organization experience essential.
- Excellent PowerPoint, communication and presentational skills
- Strong English-language communication skills (written and verbal).
- Can prioritize achieving outcomes over running activities.
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline.
- Must be a strong team player, committed to achieving E3G’s overall objectives.
E3G Inc. is the U.S.-based affiliate of E3G which has offices in London, Brussels, and Berlin. E3G values diversity and welcomes applications from qualified candidates regardless of age, gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or ethnic background. A remuneration package competitive with the non-profit sector will be offered, along with a generous holiday entitlement. E3G Inc. operates a flexible working environment, and in the context of COVID-19, the office is working remotely. This role will require in-person presence once circumstances allow. Candidates must have the right to work in the USA. E3G Inc. is unable to provide relocation assistance or visa support. This is a permanent full-time role, with working hours of 8.30-4.30 Monday to Friday.
Please submit in English (i) a CV of maximum two pages and (ii) a cover letter of no more than one page outlining why you are applying for this role, when you would be able to start, and confirming your right to work in the USA. Please combine the CV and cover letter into one file. Email your application to email@example.com, with the following subject line: DC Office & Events Coordinator Firstname Surname. The deadline for applications is midnight EST on Sunday February 28th. Interviews will be held in the first half of March. Please note that we will not be able to reply to every applicant due to limited resources.