From Concept to Community
Building Third Generation Environmentalism
It's time for a new generation of environmentalists. It's time for all those who are concerned about the state of the planet, its natural environment and the billions of people who live on the earth, to come together to find solutions to the challenges of the 21st Century.
This section of our website serves as a platform for the discussion of the concept of third generation environmentalism. We will be posting here articles and resources to encourage a fresh exploration of the sustainable development challenge and how it can be addressed. It also includes an introduction to our evolving online community of third generation environmentalists.
Third generation environmentalists are "insiders", found at all levels in governments, corporations, universities, trades unions, professional associations, voluntary organisations and elsewhere throughout the world. They share a deep concern about the stability, security and sustainability of the planet.
The E3G vision is that we can do much more with the structures and institutions we already have. We must enable third generation environmentalists to work better together across the institutional and political boundaries that obstruct change.
- Climate Campaign Strategy - a critique of the ‘common cause’ approach
- Cities, Civilisation and the Climate
- A real shift in green politics?
- Third Generation Environmentalism: A mini manifesto
- Environment and Business in the 21st Century
- Sustainable Development: In context
- The hard politics of the environment
- Green and Blue? The Conservative Party and the environment
- Open Democracy Debate: Three identity battles
- Open Democracy Debate: Conserving capitalists
As part of our efforts to enable cooperative working to take place across existing institutional boundaries and the limits of geographical distance, we hope in due course to create an online collaboration platform. More information will follow when we have some confirmed details.
If you would like to connect with E3G's work in the meantime, please do sign up for our electronic newsletter.