Dec 14 2009
Copenhagen Week 2 - Closing the Deal
Article Published in
Email this Article
Article hits (3719)
Ten key questions determining the future of everyone on the planet will be answered by the end of next week.
1. Will we stay below two degrees or are we headed for a four degree world?
2. Will the US re-enter or wreck the global climate regime?
3. Are we headed for a legally binding treaty or more talks about talks?
4. Is there enough real money on the table?
5. Are we working on one or two treaties?
6. Will border tax adjustments break the deal?
7. Will China accept international scrutiny of its actions?
8. Did we save the Maldives?
9. Did we get a headline or an outcome?
10. Did the leaders turning up help or hinder?
E3G, Third Generation Environmentalism has one of the planet’s most influential and experienced teams of climate change activists in Copenhagen.
Specialising in the politics of climate change, they have played a key role over the past two years brokering stronger alignment between governments, business and NGOs on core issues such as the 20C goal, the need to complete a treaty by June 2010, the inclusion of bunker fuels, the technology transition and climate security.
With offices in London, Brussels, Beijing and Washington, E3G has mobilised its extensive networks of leaders within government, business and the NGO community to tunnel through geographic, institutional and political barriers to promote a high ambition outcome from Copenhagen.
As the fog of war thickens during this crucial week E3G will have a team of eight exceptionally well connected people monitoring and shaping events and available for background briefing and on the record comment.
More details available in the Media Advisory available to download above.